Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Looking forward to Spring!

We have a busy Spring ahead for us and it is time to get busy! Brian and I have come up with this crazy idea to run, not one.... not two..... but THREE half marathons. Like I said, this is a crazy idea. However, we are really looking forward to doing these and I think it's going to be a lot of fun. First up is a half marathon in our town, Lexington, Kentucky.

This half marathon is at the end of March is a month before our other half marathons. We thought this would be a great way to find out where we're at before these other two big races. March seems so far away but I know that it will be here before we know it!


Next up.....the Kentucky Derby Half Marathon/ Marathon. I'm really urging Brian to run the full marathon. He's already to the point where he can run 13.1 miles, comfortably, once a week. ( I'm a little jealous of this)!! More than anything, I'm so proud of him because he just does it....no complaining, just goes for it. I need to be more like that! I really think he could pull off running the entire length of a marathon.We'll see what he decides. As for me, I'll be sticking to the half.... I'm just hoping to make it through that.

And last, but not least, the Flying Pig Marathon, in Cincinnati, Ohio. This half marathon/marathon is the weekend after the KY Derby race. ( I told you.... this is a crazy idea)! Who knows if Brian will run the half or the full. I know I will be doing the half and hoping that my legs don't fall off!


We're really looking forward to training for these. It will keep us busy and hopefully we'll burn those extra holiday calories in the midst of all this running! We have a lot of friends who are also running these races so we know we will have a lot support and some motivational shoulders to lean on. It's going to be hard, stressful, probably painful....but in the end....it's going to feel great to cross that finish line!

By the way....I started my training today and I only made it 30 minutes.... I have a lot of work to do!!











No comments:

Post a Comment