Thursday, February 25, 2010



A few weeks ago, the city of Lexington was blessed with another cake shop to tempt you to come in and indulge your sweet tooth....but this is not just any cake shop....it's a CUPCAKE shop! And it was good :) Gigi's Cupcakes (check out their website) kept teasing me every time I drove past. I was always pretty good about driving by and later feeling good about my decision and being so proud because I had defeated my HUGE sweet tooth. However on this particular Thursday afternoon....my sweet tooth won the battle and I finally gave in and stepped in to Gigi's for my first visit.

Oh goodness....there were A LOT of choices. Cookies n'Cream, Boston Cream Pie, Carrot Cream, Strawberries n' Cream, Midnight Chocolate, the list went on and on and on....I was amazed by the massive selection. Ultimately I chose the Wedding Wonderland cupcake. I really wanted chocolate but vanilla is healthier right???? Listen...in my mind it is!!!
The amount of icing on the cupcake was absolutely ridiculous....delicious but ridiculous! It was oh so rich and I got a fresh batch so the cake was so moist....it was perfection. It was so perfect (and rich!) that I couldn't eat it all at once. I'm pretty sure my blood sugar was through the roof and I was on some sort of sugar high because I got a headache about an hour later. But it was so worth it :)
There are so many wonderful bakeries and cake shops around town. What are some of your all's favorites? I'm pretty sure I've sampled them all!! Gigi's is worth a stop....cute shop, sweet treats and really sweet women who work there. So if you're craving sugar you know where to head!!

No comments:

Post a Comment