Monday, March 8, 2010

Hidden Gems

Brian and I started our day yesterday by doing some shopping at Pike Place Market and grabbing a quick breakfast at a local bagel shop. We decided we wanted to go more north of Seattle and explore some of those areas...Lynnwood, Shoreline, Woodinville, but our favorite place that we stumbled upon was the small city of Edmonds. It was such a quaint town but it was absolutely gorgeous. We found the port and walked along the dock and dreamed about one day having a boat to take out to all the lakes. As we kept walking along we realized that we were on the verge of a beach so we decided to go check it out. And I'm so glad we did....it was amazing!! The water, the sand, the views....I could keep going but my words do not give it justice. We wanted to stay longer but the wind got to me and my ears started hurting so I had to head back to the car!
Brian and I spent the next hour or so just driving and we found some great wineries and other local gems along the way. However we found ourselves back in Redmond. We grabbed a great lunch and then walked around the Town Center Shops ( and I didn't buy anything....how is that possible?!?!?)!!
To top off our incredible day we experienced our first Seattle rain :) Pictures to come soon....we haven't loaded them on our computer yet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment